Re: LV2 synths for Ardour 3?

On 07/02/2011 04:48 PM, Leigh Dyer wrote:
On 06/27/2011 07:49 PM, Leigh Dyer wrote:
On 06/27/2011 01:58 AM, Dave Phillips wrote:

Too bad Ardour doesn't support native VST, we'd have the Loomer synths
and the pizmidi plugins.

Definitely -- it's happened almost by stealth, but all-of-a-sudden, we
seem to have far more synth plugins as native VSTs than we do as DSSI or
LV2 plugins. It's great to see Loomer support it, and it's naturally the
format that other commercial developers would lean toward, too -- the
Pianoteq devs, for instance, have mentioned that VST would be the
easiest plugin format for them:

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2010/05/makers-of-pianoteq-talk-piano-modeling-developing-for-linux/

Talk about timing -- Pianoteq 3.6.7, which was just released, includes 32-bit and 64-bit native VSTs. There's no announcement on the website yet, but the new version is online; the trial version, which includes the VST plugin, is here:

http://www.pianoteq.com/try

I just tried it in Qtractor, and didn't have a lot of luck (I couldn't get its GUI to appear, or get it to make noise), but the readme reports success with Renoise and energyXT.

Yep and the standalone version has JackSession support.

They should release a LV2 version instead imho. LV2 is much better supported on Linux then VST. LV2 is ready for it...

\r