usb audio interface question

Hi

A friend of mine is looking for an usb audio interface. It must work without hassle under linux, and have an (at least decent) 48V input, and at least one other microphone input (48V on this input would be nice, but not necessary). 2 channel output would be enough. If the price permits, more inputs (mainly for michrophone) would be great, but the price is important.

What should I recommend him? My first idea was an edirol, but looking over two large web-shops, I didn't see a single edirol usb-interface!

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk