Re: First KXlinux headaches.

Y-ellow All.

At 12:04 PM 12/4/2010 +0100, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
On 12/04/2010 04:31 AM, michael noble wrote:
On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 11:01 PM, Jeremy Jongepier<jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 12/03/2010 01:19 PM, ailo wrote:
[Bobbit]
Thanks all for the suggestions. I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment but keep 'em coming if there are any more.

So far, and strangely enough, puppy is looking like a contender. Though I haven't actually tried PureDyne yet. (long story) Although puppy doesn't have much that is useful to me in it's repositories (That I can find thus far anyway) it is surprisingly stable and everything worked out-the-box without any crashes or Xruns. That's gotta be a plus.

I was interested in trying puppystudio because I had used puppy many years ago when it was very new. For an art installation project. We ended up switching to DamnSmall (If memory serves) which is Slack based (If memory serves) but I'd always wanted to have reason to try puppy again. There are things about puppy I don't like but over all, it's fast and it's serviceable.

Of course, the immediate problem for me will be getting suitable sampler/synth/instrument software into it. So far the only thing that comes with it is Hydrogen. And I can't see anything else in the repository lists. Which means I'll probably have to go out on a limb to install stuff. Which means I probably won't do it. Right now at least. I'm taking the path of least resistance for the time being. As it were. But puppystudio is definitely a candidate.

Thanks once again to everyone for their suggestions.

Be absolutely icebox.

| "_ \      | |         batzman-lau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                / ,__
Goodfortune    |_____|   http://all-electric.com