Re: ASCAP Assails Free-Culture, Digital-Rights Groups

drew Roberts wrote:
On Wed, 30 Jun 2010, Dave Phillips wrote:
I have an observation re: this thread: People who don't hold copyrights
or patents typically don't understand the full significance of copyright
or patent laws because they never have to. Those of us who do hold them
regard the issue differently. My advice, try making your living from
royalties for a
Isn't this a false dichotomy though? Why must a musician try and make a living from royalties? Are there no other options?

I don't assert that a musician must *only* make a living via royalties. Performance and teaching come to mind as viable add-ons. There may be others.

Best,

dp