Re: I just don't know Jack anymore.

On Thu, 3 Jun 2010, Ken Restivo wrote:

Neither is the successor of the other, neither is deprecated. It's two
implementations developed in parallel.

Wait, what?

Last I was following this, Paul was saying fairly consistently that jackdmp was intended to replace jackd. Newer codebase, better implementation, C++ not C, multi-core, etc etc.

Has that position changed while I wasn't paying attention?

Yes. I think it hit the fan around the beginning of April when someone (Adi?) announced that many of the Linux distro's are doing a coordinated switch to Jack2.

At that time, the position was changed.

-gabriel