Re: suspending with realtime kernel

Geoff King wrote:>> I've been having a problem which isn't directly to do with audio—it's to>> do with the Ubuntu realtime kernel—but I haven't got any answers from>> the Ubuntu forums and this is a real showstopper as far as doing audio>> work goes.>  > I've tried the ubuntu realtime kernel several times. I'm not suprised by your> findings.  Check out these links. I would suggest you file a bug report to> ubuntu launchpad.  > > https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-rt/+bugs> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/138691> > In my experience you can get a good rt system from ubuntu if you do some major> tweaking, but then you might not like the desktop as much. If you could use a> basic desktop system with no wireless that would help you figure this out. > > I remember playing with lots of changes such as removing NetworkManager,> tracker, acpid, apmd, adding rtirq, and making changes to other system settings.>  But that was a long time ago now.

It depends on your hardware; but both 2.6.24.3-rt3 and 2.6.29.1-rt7suspend and resume just fine with NetworkManager, avahi-daemon and acpidrunning. - This is a debian/squeeze on a Thinkpad.