Re: suspending with realtime kernel

> > I've been having a problem which isn't directly to do with audio—it's to> do with the Ubuntu realtime kernel—but I haven't got any answers from> the Ubuntu forums and this is a real showstopper as far as doing audio> work goes. I've tried the ubuntu realtime kernel several times. I'm not suprised by yourfindings.  Check out these links. I would suggest you file a bug report toubuntu launchpad.
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-rt/+bugshttps://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/138691
In my experience you can get a good rt system from ubuntu if you do some majortweaking, but then you might not like the desktop as much. If you could use abasic desktop system with no wireless that would help you figure this out.
I remember playing with lots of changes such as removing NetworkManager,tracker, acpid, apmd, adding rtirq, and making changes to other system settings. But that was a long time ago now.
Now since I don't really need realtime, I just use the generic kernel or one Icompile from Ubuntu sources so that I can use rosegarden midi (1000HZ timer andlow-latency desktop I think are the only changes).  I have no real need forrealtime.
Do you really need -rt for your work?
Good Luck. Geoff
_______________________________________________Linux-audio-user mailing listLinux-audio-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://lists.linuxaudio.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-audio-user