suspending with realtime kernel

Hello
I've been having a problem which isn't directly to do with audio—it's todo with the Ubuntu realtime kernel—but I haven't got any answers fromthe Ubuntu forums and this is a real showstopper as far as doing audiowork goes.
I hadn't done any audio work for quite a while, and therefore had beenrunning the 64 bit Intrepid generic kernel on my Thinkpad R61i withouttoo much problem (but not entirely without problems either). Yesterday Ibooted the realtime kernel. When I tried to suspend the machine I got amessage "Freezing of tasks failed after 20.00 seconds (2 tasks refusingto freeze):" At this point the interface had frozen completely and I hadto force a shutdown by holding down the power button. There was howeversome intermittent flickering from the disk activity indicator, sosomething was still working. The tasks that were refusing to freeze wereNetworkManager and wpa_supplicant.
This happened one or two more times. Then I tried it again and foundthat 4 tasks this time were refusing to freeze: NetworkManager,wpa_supplicant, avahi-daemon and gnome-do. After this I returned to thegeneric kernel, which is working as well as it always did.
Any ideas what's going on here? Unfortunately upgrading to Jaunty is nota viable workaround yet because of its broken Intel graphics driver.