Re: Very low input from accoustic guitar pickup

Le Jeudi, 22 Nov 2007 12:12:42 +0100,Sebastian Tschöpel <tschoseb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> A battery is the proof that you actually have a build-in pre-amp.> Therefore you're right: The battery has to be low.
  But the control set has also a 'low battery' LED and it does notlight.  Maybe not enough power to light the LED...
> >>   Pushing the volume to the max also brings noise with it.
> What kind of noise ? Whitenoise like or a low-frequency noise?
Low frequency, like a buzzing sound.
> >> some kind of impedence adapter> > If you have a low-freq noise it could be a ground loop or something.> In your case, a white noise would come from the fact that you> increased the guitarlevel extremly to hear a signal -> Signal to> noise ratio != 0 so you increase the noise level as well.
For me white noise (as well as pink noise) are sounds found on an Arpsynth.  I mean, there's more or less like tuning in-between radiostations.  That's not the case.  It's a low buzzing sound thatincreases with the volume.  It's not there at 5 or 6 but is verynoticeable at 9-10.  But it is not as strong as if a finger is put righton the unplugged jack.  Putting a plug-in amplifier in Ardour andsetting the voilume at 6 does not give good results.  It's a shame,because the actual sounds of the bass are interesting.  If only thenoise could be removed.
Gruß,
Al_______________________________________________Linux-audio-user mailing listLinux-audio-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://lists.linuxaudio.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-audio-user