Re: newbie to Linux audio

Loki Davison wrote:

How will this show anything about sample rates? if you burn a 16 bit
and 24 bit version then the BITRATE is what will mater not sample
rate. So if you want to compare either just listen to the 24 bit 44.1
wav and 24 bit 96 wav or burn those 2 as DVD-A. Of course you can pick
between 16 and 24, but maybe you will be the first person to pick
between higher sample rates.... ;)

If it isn't already clear, there's a lot I'm not clear about. So this is all going to be an excellent learning exercise for me. I'll take any advice you care to throw my way! It's all been very helpful!

I have plenty of experience in hi-end analog audio, but very little real experience in the digital end of things. Just think of me as an old dog wanting to learn a few new tricks.

Russ