Re: a question for any Dell Inspiron owners

Arnold Krille wrote:
2007/3/19, Dave Phillips <dlphillips@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Arnold Krille wrote:
> And check if the problem is still there on linux (with a bootable-cd)
> where these stereo-effects are switched off most times.
I'll try to convince Ivy to let me do that. She's pretty nervous about
me messing with her computer, she thinks I'm going to replace Windows.
Well, that is what I'd *like* to do... :)

My wife actually started begging me to install linux on her laptop
since my desktops all got the bar (kicker) on the right of the screen.
She got so used to that while using my machines that she wanted the
same on her machine. And if windows couldn't do that I could install
linux. :-)

My wife has been using Linux on her Toshiba laptop for 4-5 years now. She'd been using Windows 2000 on a Sony Vaio SuperSlim Pro before that. She's a non-techie computer user - email, web browsing, writes fiction and non-fiction, occasionally listens to audio. She's been very happy to not worry about Windows worms and viruses, and she likes the multiple desktop capabilities - she's always changing desktop backgrounds and having multiple desktops just means she can have multiple backgrounds ...

She's not completely switched - she likes WordPerfect 9 - so we use Win4Lin to run an old copy of Windows98 under Linux. But she does everything else with native Linux apps.

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx