Re: composing with trackers

On 3/1/07, Rob <lau@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 01 March 2007 17:03, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> I completely abandoned composing at the computer for exactly
> that reason. I find it quicker to experiment with everything
> from melody, harmony, lyrics, modulations to form when at the
> piano. Also I found that I only make good tunes when playing
> and *singing* along.

I do most of my composing when I'm driving nowadays.... it must
be the only time when my brain's able to disengage and let the
melodies out.  But sometimes I compose while sitting at the
piano or with a guitar or bass on my lap.

I sing any time I drive, and it really feels awesome to exercise what
I've learned in school.  Alas, I'm in Philly, and I left my vehicle at
my mom's house while I'm here, so I pretty much only drive when I'm on
break.  If I would just not care and sing everywhere, I'd likely be a
far better musician for it!  (and have far fewer friends)

-Chuckk