Re: Midi Woes

Giuseppe Zompatori wrote:
> modprobe mpu_port pnp=1

"pnp=1" is the default.
To manually specify port and interrupt values, you have to use "pnp=0".

> The problem in my case is it doesn't work...
> Onboard MPU401 has never worked too well for me in the latest kernels,
> tested on a an asus nforce2 based MB and on an ASRock "el-cheapo"
> SIS7012 based MB, both of them using the intel8x0 sound module.

The intel8x0 modules has nothing to do with MIDI.

> It doesn't work in that if I try playing a midi file the kernel
> complains on syslog about weird erros.

"weird" doesn't tell me much, but it's probably because of a
wrong port address.

> The midi port worked for some random amount of time untill it
> completely locked my box.

This were problems with the RTC used for MIDI playback timing
(not related to any particular driver).

Please try the latest ALSA drivers.

HTH
Clemens