Re: Midi Woes

Using a gameport-MIDI interface with a gameport on the motherboard
should work automatically if the MIDI port is enabled in the BIOS setup
and if ACPI is enabled.  Without ACPI, you have to specify port address
and interrupt manually, as in:

modprobe snd-mpu401 port=0x330 irq=10

(however, look up the actual values in the BIOS setup)

I went to the BIOS and found the actual values, however I don't
understand what I am looking at exactly.  There is only one serial
port on my computer, but in the BIOS there were two different
addresses listed, A and B.  One was listed at 3F8H/IRQ4 and the other
was at 2F8H/IRQ3.  I don't understand hex, so I'm not sure what to do
with those numbers.

- IIUC you need to enable serial port support in the kernel or as a
module for the old cables.

Any pointers as to where to look for this information?  What I seemed
to find on the topic was either sparse or more technical than I can
wrap my head around right now.