Re: Ardour CPU Hogups

that sounds to be related to a denormal problem ... try to figure out,
which plugin causes the trouble and lobby the authors to fix their
code ... from my experience, some swh plugins suffer from denormal problems
(possiblty, because steve is working on amd machines?), but it's more or
less trivial to fix that ...

Right on, I was using the SC4 or SC4 mono plugins on all the tracks. When I took those out, everything went back to normal again.

I even thought of denormals but didn't even bother testing Steve's plugins because they usually work so well.

So, everything well again! Thanks tons this was perfect...

I'm using a 2GHz Intel Pentium 4 processor, BTW.

Carlo