Ardour CPU Hogups

Hi,

I am using Ardour as my main production tool. Quite a lot is at stake, since I intend to be earning 20'000 to 30'000 dollars per month in the business my production work is part of, and funnel quite a lot of that into all those wonderful open source projects I'm using right now.

The problem is, as far as I can track it down, that CPU usage goes over the roof as soon as the stop button is pressed in ardour after loading a specific number of LADSPA plugins (though it doesn't appear to matter which ones). It's not just a few dropouts either; either there are no XRUNS, or you can't even move the mouse.

Sorry I can't be more specific, I'm puzzled myself. Maybe this can be worked out right here.

I use Xubuntu Dapper, out of the box.

Carlo