directional cable questions

Maluvia spoke in tongues:

> One of our heros - and actually, we do that too.
> We started doing that when we switched to Zaolla cables since they are
> designed to have a preferred direction for the signal flow, (but they no
> longer put the arrows on the cables).

How, then, does the sound know which direction to go?

You're not worried about rectification or picking up AM radio, are you?

If I had cables with the arrows, how much would it cost to upgrade to
cables without the arrows?  Is there a kit?  How would you characterise
the difference between the sound of the older and newer cables?

If I were to build a suspension bridge out of such cables, provided they
were aligned correctly, would anyone be interested in purchasing one?  (I
bet it would sound great!)

Just asking, of course.