Re: Re: Free Software vs. Open Source: Where do*you* stand?

Paul Davis wrote:

On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 03:06 +0100, Cesare Marilungo wrote:
If you're right, for similar reasons, maybe also coding software and releasing it as open source should be a middle-class luxury. Is this the case? I don't think so.

there are not a lot of people who fit a description of the  socio-
economic group normally called "working class" that are releasing open
source software. programmers by definition are generally middle class
even when working as interns for large companies. and for some of us
(/me waves), it is undoubtedly a reflection of utter middle-class
luxury.

This is probably true, Paul.

But I thought that most of the people involved in open source didn't share all the same values of the so called middle-class.

c.
--
www.cesaremarilungo.com