Re: Forcusrite Scarlett Solo: Avoid

On 01.08.24 06:04, Chris Caudle wrote:
On Wednesday, July 31, 2024 5:30:05 AM CDT Giso Grimm wrote:
However, I noticed that the driver in the 6.X kernel is much less
reliable than the one in the 5.4 kernel (distorted sound, with some
samples in every buffer set to zero or random values). Increasing the
buffer size or number of fragments does not really help.

Is that problem just with ARM processors like Rasberry Pi, or does it affect
x86_64 as well?  This is the standard snd-usb driver used for essentially
every audio device these days?  Seems surprising that would go unnoticed and
unfixed for so long.

Until now I tried only on Raspberry Pi (both 32 and 64 Bit versions,
with 4B). On the same Raspberry + OS version where I have problems with
the Focusrite Scarlett solo 3rd gen it works perfectly fine with other
sound cards (e.g., EVO16 24-channel device, which does not really work
on Raspberry Pi with the 5.4 kernel). Therefore I am not sure if is
really a general problem in the driver or just a corner case with this
specific audio device + kernel + Raspberry Pi 4B combination.

I will also try on x86_64 with the 6.X kernel, and on Raspberry Pi 5 (I
think there it works).

Best

Giso