Re: 16in/8out all analogue USB audio device

Dea Jeanette, dear list,

* Jeanette C. <julien@xxxxxxxxxxx> [2024-05-19 20:49]:
> May 19 2024, Peter P. has written:
> > and provides some mixing software,
> > which might again not be available for Linux.
> Well, if you are interested or anyone else is: the developer is
> specifically looking for feedback and input at this stage. Yes, he is
> focused on IOS, since it is his plattform. He basically built this
> device to solve his own issues and is now thinking about going into
> production.
>
> The analogue channel count and class compliance really fills a niche
> with few competitors, I think. Having searched for audio interfaces like
> that, the only one I came up with was one of the Behringer x-something
> mixers, which can output 18 channels straight to USB. It requires an app
> to configure. Anything else that vaguely satisfied these requirements
> was priced much(!) higher.

The discussed device from this developer will have to outperform the
Behringer UMC1820, which has no internal mixer nor effects, but 8
analog ins, ten analoge outs both symmetrical and with microphone
amplifiers, 8 ADAT I/Os and two channels of SPDIF I/O.
Currently priced at about 70.- with some reports of failing channels
popping up at times.

best, P