Re: Adjusting Pipewire Jack Buffer Size

Thanks so much Tim, I'll have to look into this. In fact, I hadn't even heard of coppwr, but now I definitely need to get it installed to play with.

I am not sure whether that means a client sticks with the size and rate when it was started until it stops,

 or if jack clients are somehow notified of the changes and the size and rate really do change for that client.

PW is new to me, jack is not.

It looks like setting a global value sticks until you restart the computer or set to be automatic again (which blows my mind). I'm so used to being jack-brained that to me I need to close everything before changing settings, but it's not the case with pipewire it seems so far (at least with buffer sizes).

Brandon Hale