Re: jackd: using two different devices for in and out

On Sat, 2 Dec 2023, Peter P. wrote:

I discovered that jackd can use different devices for input and output,
which is great! I am wondering if there will be the occasional click if
these two devices do not have synchronized word clocks? Or is there some
clever (resampling?) going on behind the scenes?

No resampling, some internal sound cards use different devices for input and output but are synced anyway. For example internal speakers and external mic or HDMI anything. If you wish to use two unsynced devices use the more important one as your jack master and then use alsa_in or alsa_out for the other (alsa_in/out comes with jackd) or use zita-ajbridge for better quality.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net