Re: jackd: using two different devices for in and out

"Peter P." <peterparker@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Thanks Brandon,
>
> I am trying to stay clear of pipewire and stick to jack-only. Waiting
> for insight into that witchcraft along with you.
> :)

I've just removed Pipewire from my system (Ubuntu Studio) and replaced
it with the Pulseaudio setup because I was unable to start Ardour with
my AC97 laptop on a session recorded with 96kHz sample frequency:
pipewire probably emulates an 48k Jack session and Ardour doesn't ask
about the audio but just asks me whether it should convert the session
to 48k.

Pulseaudio is a heap of something but it is a heap that knows when to
keep out of my way by now.

For normal desktop use, Pipewire appears to work but it appears
unwilling to tolerate other players by its side.

--
David Kastrup