Re: jackd: using two different devices for in and out

I have always had good luck with jackd (specifically jack2) using two soundcards for input and output with no perceivable clicks for me.

Another thing you can do as well is route your soundcard in with pipewire-jack-bridge, like the pulseaudio bridge. In pipewire, all of your soundcards will show up in the pipewire patchbay, and using something like qpwgraph, you can then choose which soundcard you want to pipe into jack.

Having said all of this, pipewire-jack (the replacement for jack) allows you to route sound to whichever soundcard you would like, or even multiple soundcards, and it has gotten really good as of late. I have been playing around with it, but have yet to switch off of jackd for pro-audio needs, but it is really enticing.

As far as the methods of doing this behind the scenes, I will defer to someone else on here for that, I don't know but it's witchcraft for sure. :) I hope it all continues to improve, it makes me really happy. :)