Re: [music] Spotlight Kyd - Angel of Ice (MODX Mix) [Synthpop/Synthwave]

On 21/08/2023 15:34, Christopher Arndt wrote:
Here is some Synthpop / Synthwave made with a Yamaha MODX synthesizer / workstation and Ardour on Linux.

[b]YouTube:[/b] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlOjdn0_TYE
[b]SoundCloud:[/b] https://soundcloud.com/spotlightkid/angel-of-ice-modx-mix

Composed, performed, recorded and produced by Christopher Arndt, 2022.

Very nice track and thanks for sharing, I enjoyed listening it. Very well 'orchestrated' and crafted. The main tune/riff sticks, which in my opinion means the piece works well. Especially that and certain part movements make me think of some of the 80s 'Italo' pieces. At the same time the drum/percussive sounds sound much more 'modern' as do some of the effects. Overall it's a very nice balance IMHO of 'homage' with a more modern personality ;-)

I thin this would really call for some sort of (re)arrangement/remis with a sung/voice part maybe in a nice not-so-correct but very expressive 'English' as it was used in the 80s (and 90s) :-D

More on the technical/compositional side, I'd be curious to know what your workflow with Ardour MIDI is, if you're willing to share.

Lorenzo