Re: Are there two-axis joystick-style foot pedals?

On 8/8/23 03:08, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
On Mon, Aug 07, 2023 at 01:07:28PM -1000, david wrote:

Lots of options, but none I'm geared up to test. Oh, well! Perhaps a pair of
expression pedals - one mapped to X axis, the other to Y axis, then use them
together.
You could try the pedals as used by some flight sims, these could give
you 3 axes. Pressing the tips normally controls the brakes separately
for L and R, these should be proportional but may be spring loaded and
come back up if you release them.

The two pedals can also slide forward and back - they are linked, as
one goes forward the other will go backwards. This normally controls
the rudder and nose wheel steering.

Could be fun trying these for music...

Ciao,

That would remind me of my days playing a pump organ. Both feet were pumping away, so a lever by one knee switched between "regular" and "full" sound, while a lever by the other knee acted as the swell pedal.

A good workout!

--
David W. Jones
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx