Re: Are there two-axis joystick-style foot pedals?

On 8/7/23 01:36, Peter P. wrote:
* Peter P. <peterparker@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [2023-08-07 13:35]:
* david <gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2023-08-07 01:43]:
I'm familiar with the standard foot pedal design - single-axis. Are there
foot pedals that would work like two-axis joystick controllers on keyboards?
The pedals in the Trautonium have a sideways axis, and seem to be
modified earnie ball models, see
https://www.trautoniks.de/com/images/Pedal_S_600.jpg
on https://www.trautoniks.de/com/
Just replying to myself here, the trautonium pedals seem to have
sideways switches only. See https://www.doepfer.de/traut/traut_e.htm

Thanks, Peter. Trautoniks has pedals, but they're just a pair of single-axis ones.

I found the Keith McMillen SoftStep2 that seems to offer an array of X/Y axis controllers on an 18" foot pedal, but $369 is a lot.

https://www.keithmcmillen.com/products/softstep/

According to their documentation, it's MIDI class-compliant.

A lot of options in my searches came from the gaming world. Also, foot controllers used to provide accessibility. A few for controlling things like factory machinery. And at least one for controlling a crane used in the film industry for moving cameras around.

Lots of options, but none I'm geared up to test. Oh, well! Perhaps a pair of expression pedals - one mapped to X axis, the other to Y axis, then use them together.

I'm a boring old keyboard player. Playing guitar while seated is perfectly fine with me! 😁

--
David W. Jones
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx