Re: [OT] Portable MP3/mediaplayer (with speech?)

Gerhard Zintel <gerhard.zintel@xxxxxx> writes:

> Hi Janette,
>
> I still have three different Sansa Players in my folder not used for
> the last 10 years - surely
> older than your clip. All have a certain version of Rockbox
> installed. I wouldn't mind to send you
> one of those without costs. I would be glad if you could make use of
> it. There are:
>
> Sansa E250 (2 GB)
> Sansa E260 (4 GB)
> Sansa Fuzz (2 Gb)
>
> I'm just charging all three to investigate their usefulness. There are
> drawbacks though. For the
> E260 the cursor is jumping around a bit by using the jog wheel (is
> this the name for it?). And the
> Fuzz has a soft back cover that is very sticky meanwhile. Maybe one
> can use some solvent to get rid
> of it.

Isopropyl or rubbing alcohol and a piece of cloth you definitely never
need again will get you back a tolerable surface for a few years (then
you need to repeat).  This is a common problem with "rubbery" plastic
surfaces intended to feel expensive to the touch.

Don't use solvents more organic than that, or all kinds like bad things
may happen.  For example, there are few plastics that will not get
destroyed by acetone or other nailpolish remover.

--
David Kastrup