Re: KVR cafe contest at risk

On Tue, Jul 25, 2023 at 3:12 AM Paul Davis <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Linux audio is on safe ground I believe even still because it is about something else - a community.

The community that surrounds proprietary DAWs such as Reaper or Bitwig or Live is every bit as strong and wide and deep (if not more so) than anything in the Linux/FLOSS world. Community is not what differentiates our efforts or our results.

I value your opinion as one of the best thinkers on the subject.

I wonder if that changes as the proprietary audio world goes to a monthly subscription model and analog hardware becomes cheaper but more importantly en vogue. And if the rise of vinyl changes anything.

I ask because I see that Linux gets mentioned by others when the subscription model of Pro Tools etc comes up.