Re: Can't set CPU freuqency

On Tue, 27 Jun 2023, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:

You do not need to disable secure boot in all cases in order to install Linux. I've installed Ubuntu on a brand new Dell 5420 with a Bitlocker

This is probably true and may even be true for this machine. However, I haven't used windows for years aside from one or two utilities that happen to work with wine (convert this file to that kinds of things) so I have very little incentive to make windows work on my machine. the last windows in the house (my wife's machine) was win95 and was removed when it started sending nasty emails to every email address it could find. Aside from that, it was not only secure boot I had to change in the bios. Beyond that, an iso usb stick from a major distro like Ubuntu should come with instructions beyond "boot from iso and install". A "known problems and workarounds" link would be reasonable.

Len

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net