Re: Can't set CPU freuqency

On 26-06-2023 18:15, Len Ovens wrote:
I will say, that I did need to change the bios in such a way that windows will not boot just to load Linux but I have really no use for a windows partition anyway. I think this will be true on just about any newer laptop. One needs to remove the "security" that windows deems required to run (which makes it hard to run anything other than windows).

You do not need to disable secure boot in all cases in order to install Linux. I've installed Ubuntu on a brand new Dell 5420 with a Bitlocker Windows partition. I could resize the Bitlocker partition booting from an USB stick using dislocker and install Ubuntu on its own partitions. Make sure though you install Grub on a separate partition and not somewhere that has been touched by the initial provisioning of the laptop. Like this you can select which OS to boot from the boot menu of the system. You can't use signed drivers like this I think but everything seems to work anyway with their open source counterparts. Haven't tried audio though on this setup ;)

Best,

Jeremy