Re: FFADO for pipeire [Was: ECHO Audiofire12]

Hi,

Next PipeWire version will have a rewritten jack backend (make
PipeWire become a JACK client based on jackdbus) that will also dlopen
the native libjack.so to make it easier to mix jack and pipewire-jack.

There has also been work on implementing multithreading in the
pipewire server which will make it possible to use a dedicated thread
for a device (used for the new JACK backend to use the native jack
thread to run the pipewire graph). This should then also make it
possible to use ffado as a device.

I'm still experimenting with some options for this but FFADO does not
seem as out of the question as it seemed some months ago...

Wim