Re: Setting up jackd2/jackdbus

On Thu, 13 Apr 2023 21:56:41 +0200
Gerhard Zintel <gerhard.zintel@xxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi Bill,
>forgotten to mention
>
>On 13/04/2023 20:34, Bill Purvis wrote:
>> The idea is to have a startup script which starts jack, then qjackctl, then the organ software
>> (GrandOrgue).
>
>I looked up the GrandOrgue Screencast video at YT. The organs could run with alsa without using jack
>obviously. In that case it might be much easier to avoid jack. As long as I play only Pianoteq at
>home I don't use Jackd and latency is fine nevertheless. As long as you do not use additional tools
>of jack's ecosystem it might work for you.
>
>Gerhard

I was wondering about this too.

If it *is* just a single synth then ALSA is all you need, and indeed takes out
a layer of buffering. Also I'd be inclined to run a distro that doesn't have
any other unnecessary stuff. i.e. no SystemD and no pulseaudio. KISS principle.

--
Will J Godfrey {apparently now an 'elderly'}