Re: Multichannel analog I/O audio interface: experiences and tips

Hi Jeanette,
Hi Michael,
I will have to run the app on an ipad, which is fine. Does the XR18 remember all the settings across power cycles, once they are made? Will the device run if the app is not open on a controlling device? The iPad is not strictly my own and so I can't rely on it being near me whenever I record or play.

I just closed the app for a test and the XR18 still works and is playing music ;-).

Whenever I start the app it asks me if I want to transfer the current settings "mixer->pc" or "pc->mixer" so you can decide on whatever you need. And of course with "mixer->pc" you restore the last settings on the XR18. You can also save setups on a computer, pad and so on. Very useful if you have different live situations with different instrument setups and so on.

I also use jack_mixer in my setup to have a volume control for stuff that runs on my computer and goes via USB to the stereo port (channel 17/18) on the XR18. If you wire jack_mixer (or any other Jack aware mixer program) accordingly you could also have a volume control without needing the app. You would only need the app to unmute it.

And another thing: I use external studio monitors connected to the main outs of the XR18. With this setup I never experienced any latency issues. (But again I am not a professional musician and others might have other experiences and see it differently.)

Hope this helps again,

Michael