Re: Behringer UMC1820 experiences and sync settings?

I own the mentioned device and have been using it with JACK and PipeWire for
a while now, mostly to drive multichannel setups. Haven't done much recording
with it, so I can't say much about the preamp quality.

Regarding the clock source part, I'm not sure because that's something I never needed.

My general impression is that it runs stable and reliable, haven't had any problems so far (after 5 years or so). Used it
at home (in my not-so-super-dry garage) and for 8-channel concerts, so it has been moved around quite a bit.

I guess I'm one of the people who never had much trouble with Behringer devices. The UCA202 works
like a charm, and on the several occasions I worked with X32s in their several flavors, it was a
good all around experience (in fact, the latter one seems one of the only class-compliant devices with
such a high channel count).

Best,