Re: New LSP Plugins Look Great

On Wed, May 04, 2022 at 12:32:40PM +1000, Roger wrote:
> On 3/5/22 03:42, Michael Jarosch wrote:
>>> I had previously seen a video where Vladimir indicated that life in
>>> St.  Petersburg had become very difficult, and he was going to
>>> attempt to emigrate elsewhere. [...]
>>
>> [...] I had the exact same question in my mind, just a few hous ago.
>> Found no sign seeing him safe. His last commit on github was at the
>> 4th of April. Maybe, he and his family are on the run, maybe, he is
>> just cut from western media…
>>
>> There was an article on the german "TAZ" talking about thousands of
>> young IT experts wanting to leave Russia and what the Kreml does
>> against it. Didn't sound too harsh, but you just don't know what
>> they will do with someone like Vladimir who officially announced on
>> youtube that he wants to leave because he has enough about the
>> russian government.
>>
>> I wish I could do more about it.
>
> Vladimir just updated the LSP Plugins to v1.2.1 so that's a good sign.

Unfortunately, conscription ("the draft") in Russia was already ordered
last month to expand by 134,500 people:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-drafts-134500-conscripts-says-they-wont-go-ukraine-2022-03-31/

Conscription is expected to increase further on Monday:

    "So far, Russia's attempts to expand its available military manpower
    has rested on pressuring conscripts to sign contracts of service and
    reducing the requirements for people to join without prior military
    service.  For Russia to significantly increase its numbers it would
    need to retain its last round of conscripts and call up reserves.
    [The] propaganda narrative and local initiatives to rally support
    appear to be creating an environment in which 9 May can be used as a
    fulcrum to mobilise a much larger force."

    https://static.rusi.org/special-report-202204-operation-z-web.pdf

    "Putin may declare war on May 9 and start conscription, US officials
    warn"

    https://www.theage.com.au/world/europe/ukraine-fighter-says-civilians-remain-trapped-in-mariupol-steel-plant-20220503-p5ahy7.html

I don't know Vladimir at all.  Just impressed by his Linux audio work.

And he's a human being in a terrifying situation.

I hope that if he reads this, he will get to safety ASAP if he has not
already done so.

I hope anyone else reading this will help him if able to do so.

Like Roger, I wish I could do more - something, even - but I'm already
overstretched :(

Sam