Re: [OT] Missing some LAU emails (initial messages)

On 21-04-2022 10:29, Sam Kuper wrote:
I see at least 3 possibilities.  Some (LAU) emails are either:

- being discarded by Google before they reach your Gmail account; or

This is probably what happens. Mailman, the mailing list software linuxaudio.org uses, changes the content of all mails passing through. This causes the DKIM signature to become invalid and it seems like Gmail doesn't like that. There are some options to prevent this from happening with the current version of Mailman we're using but basically the only viable one would be the following:

         C. Replace From: address and forward replies

Change the RFC5322.From address to a unique per-author address within the mailing list's domain.

                user@xxxxxxxxxxx => unique-address@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

            Add DKIM signature using the mailing list's domain
If replies are sent to the unique address, forward them to the associated message author.

See: https://dmarc.org/wiki/FAQ#s_3

This would be quite an administrative burden, unless I could automate this in some way. If Mailman 3 can deal with this issue then that could be an option too. I'm open to any suggestions on this one. Contacting me off list about this issue is no problem, maybe even preferable, we want to talk Linux and audio, not mail issues right?

Best,

Jeremy