Re: DAWs and licensing Was: Symphony of love illusive

On 15/2/21 12:28 pm, Sam Kuper wrote:
On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 08:31:30AM +1100, Roger wrote:
Re the upgrade incompatibility issue, proprietary software doesn't
have that to itself. Mixbus 5 had some features which were changed
enough to cause problems if you loaded the sessions in Mixbus 6 and
the corresponding Ardour versions were the same (thinking of the
inline sidechain for one). But it's possible and even encouraged to
keep as many versions as you like installed at once.
I haven't used Harrison Mixbus, and I am unlikely to.

I recommend to at least try the (slightly limited) free demo. The mixer section is unparalleled in DAW land.

Harrison often run sales and the basic version of Mixbus can sometimes be had for maybe $49 or even less (subscribe to their email when you get the demo to be notified of special sales).

Mixbus 32C is an advanced version which is rather more pricey but nevertheless I don't regret buying it.