Re: sound devices usb pre 2. usb 2 with 96k

On 3/20/19 3:25 PM, list wrote:
Maybe.

But with an non-updated firmware in 8 years - 2873 days to be honest -
i bet on unsold stocks of this outdated sound card.

I think if it was unsold stock of an outdated sound card, they wouldn't be selling it for so much money.

Or if they handle the website like theirs firware update, someone
forgot to put it in legacy :)

My opinion is that they're still manufacturing it, not selling age-old unsold stock.

Like the Volkswagen Beetle I used to have. VW would go years and years between changing anything about it. It was a good way to maximize return on investment if they didn't have to spend money retooling factories every year because some ego-centric designer decided the car needed "that special touch" that only they could give it. ;)

Beautiful piece of hardware on paper - and with a Mac/Windows - useless
expensive paper weight with Gnu/Linux.

Well, the rest of my setup certainly doesn't operate at 96K, nor do I have the equipment quality (instruments, mics, etc) that would benefit from recording at 96K.

Le Wed, 20 Mar 2019 13:29:50 -1000,