Re: Live performance gear ideas?

Hi there,
Answers in context.

define performance playback. cue-able ? pausable ? triggerable ? synced to
some other time source?
Good question here and in the prior e-mail..from another person in Canada!
Will answer as best I can, even though I cannot fully picture how some of what you reference here might work. The tracks I use are professional backing tracks. At the most basic I would burn things to a cd in order, so pausable makes sense. However the ability to say line up the tracks, cue able?, and pause is another possibility, depends on how you physically define those terms I suppose.

number of channels?
Forgive me if this sounds odd, but I am thinking stereo playback, not a board where I would say add instruments, plug in a keyboard etc...unless that is the only way to add the below.

an amplifier or active speakers normally does the trick :)

Well yes, but as separate speakers? meaning this is now not compact but a portable studio? or is there a unit that might combine enough elements including
 amplification?
Kare