Re: Some disturbing news

On Sat, 2 Jun 2018 17:33:47 -0400 (EDT)
Karen Lewellen <klewellen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Had I known  Microsoft would someday own the company I would never
> have created an account at all.

I've seen a few colleagues' linkedin pages.  Some people (some HR
resources and related) insist that one MUST have a linkedin account in
order to achieve anything at all.

I have received many 'add' requests from people who left the company in
one way or the other, people that I have spoken briefly with once,
maybe twice.  Which I haven't obliged to, of course.  First, I do not
have a linkedin account and if I did, why would I add people I do not
know ?  It means nothing at all at best, and in the worse cases can be
detrimental.

I think there are a good quantity of people out there who knows that
linkedln means not much at all.

Maybe the intent at the beginning was good, who knows.

Cheers.