Re: 384kHz DAC - Monolith USB?

Their analog circuitry around it is good and

Well, the analog frontend is in fact the most critical component and the one that requires most knowhow and enables RME to put out rather complete specification. In comparrison at least. F.e. I have not seen too many soundcards around that provide frequency response as data, at least for selected products, though I happily stand corrected - I am not married to RME at all and welcome alternatives. Lynx does so as well, but has no linux support afaik. Haven't checked focusrite f.e.

Wether this data matters or not, may be up for debate and numbers make no sound, but it should be mentioned.