Re: 384kHz DAC - Monolith USB?

i'm aware of ADAT, but the motivator here is cost/scalability. most ADAT interfaces are optimized for input with preamps, etc. plus it's limited to 8 channels per link, so there's recurring overhead if you want to scale higher. imagine trying to do high channel count (e.g. spatial audio) on a budget. i'm not aware of any configuration that will get you >16 channels analog for <$1k.