Re: Yet more music from the Rack

Hi JC !

On 05/16/2018 09:13 AM, Jeanette C. wrote:

Having listened to both of them, this actually sounds a bit like the
second piece a couple of minutes later on, once a modular wizard has had
his fun with the patch cables. :) I don't know why I think of
staircases, but I have a strange passion for staircases.

Well, it all does sort of go up and then back down again. :)

The pieces are related by harmonic intention, I was checking out what evolved with three modally related pitch quantizers. Also, each piece is working with straightforward rhythms.

https://soundcloud.com/davephillips69/faux-machaut
Very meditative. Music to philosophise to or accompany a meditative
scene. Nice, warm sounds, if rather basic. Mayhap because they are so
basic, they induce comfort, a feeling of an old childhood home.

Thanks for sharing those two. That was a pleasant ten minutes amidst the
daily chores. A good escape into another world.

Thank you for listening to them. They are indeed in the category of sonic wallpaper, but I want my walls to sound pleasant. :)

Best always,

dp