Re: (Ardour) How to get rid of delay when recording ? - status so far

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016, jonetsu@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

The installed package in Linux Mint 17 is called jackd2.  There is also
a jackd package that is installed although that one is for all practical
purposes empty - don't know why it's there.

You will find in the depends of the jackd package jackd2.

I would not mind so much to start it manually after each reboot, if
only I also rely on the pulse jack sink that gets Magically (and that's
with an uppercase 'M') started at boot, which enables the use of vlc,
firefox for audio output and as such is convenient.  Starting jackd
from the command line works well, but no sink in sight !

If you want to use the installed PA-jack bridge, you need to start jackdbus. Otherwise you need to start the source and sink manually.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net