Re: Jack hanging when a usb soundcard is disconnected

On Sat, 17 Oct 2015, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

This is a long-standing problem. While it is not intentional, sometimes newcomers to jack on Linux tend to pull out the soundcard (USB) before shutting down jack. This results in jack permanently hanging to the

Just one more reason why USB Audio Interfaces are not a good replacement for PCI(e) Audio Interfaces. USB devices seem to randomly vanish without anyone touching the plug even. My 10 year old PCI AI is more stable (and can do lower latency) than any USB device I have tried yet.

Even my USB qwerty keyboard comes and goes sometimes.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net