Re: ground loop hell

On 16/02/15 11:51, Len Ovens wrote:

It seems even with all power coming from one outlet, I have one amplifier with some hum. It is way less and by playing with levels I was able to make it so low as to not be noticed. However my plan of isolating everything should fix it completely.
Look at the signal cabling or even nearby EMF sources. I recall ages ago having a Dbx 160 compressor in a rack under a Klark Teknik DN27 graphic EQ with a small but noticeable hum in the speakers. Separating these by 1 rack space cured the hum!
And some equipment just hums by itself anyway, especially as it ages.