Re: GAS colorr pixel problem

Jean-Yves Lamoureux wrote:
gas is just an assembler. You can do whatever you want with an assembler, as every >single executed bit on your processor is the output of an assembler (ok purists, I just > simplified). "Filling a rectangle" means nothing. You have to draw something that will be >interpreted as a bunch of pixels having the sahpe of a rectangle. You can do that in >ascii (libcaca for example, http://libcaca.zoy.org ), or in graphic mode (SVGAlib, old as >hell but works on most PC cards, without X), X11 (which itself has dozen of low (xlib) >and high (sdl, ptc, gtk, qt, whatever) level libraries to do that).

I suggest you to learn how to call C-like functions (pushing arguments, calling function), >how to work with memory (lea, syscalls, brk, etc), then to use something like SDL for >example, which does most of the work for you.

Thanks to all for your input. I guess it would be really difficult to color pixels in assembly language. Can anyone tell me what steps are involved in that(color pixels in assembly)? Just for my knowledge. Thanks.

--STeve