Re: GAS colorr pixel problem

A D wrote:
Jean-Yves Lamoureux wrote:
gas is just an assembler. You can do whatever you want with an assembler, as every single executed bit on your processor is the output of an assembler (ok purists, I just simplified). "Filling a rectangle" means nothing. You have to draw something that will be interpreted as a bunch of pixels having the sahpe of a rectangle. You can do that in ascii (libcaca for example, http://libcaca.zoy.org ), or in graphic mode (SVGAlib, old as hell but works on most PC cards, without X), X11 (which itself has dozen of low (xlib) and high (sdl, ptc, gtk, qt, whatever) level libraries to do that).

I suggest you to learn how to call C-like functions (pushing arguments, calling function), how to work with memory (lea, syscalls, brk, etc), then to use something like SDL for example, which does most of the work for you.

Thanks to all for your input. I guess it would be really difficult to color pixels in assembly language. Can anyone tell me what steps are involved in that(color pixels in assembly)? Just for my knowledge. Thanks.

http://www.google.com/codesearch?q=show:GtRjeWKEOlc:2P9VXd642nk:3e2ZV6Tu0vo&sa=N&ct=rd&cs_p=http://allergy.alrj.org/Code/xtest.tgz&cs_f=xtest/PTC4k.asm

May seem hard to understand, it is a "complete" graphical library in asm, using xlib. That's not the easiest way, but hey, you wanna learn !

(Wrote by me yeaaaars ago, when I was a young padawan, rewritten from scratch by a friend later)

--
Jean-Yves Lamoureux
Software Developper

-