Re: Sierra Wireless EM9191 integration issues in mhi+wwan

Hey Thomas,

> > > Otherwise, when responses are received, we also can observe strange
> > > things: unexpected messages, response to previous commands or queue
> > > buffer issue.
> > >

> > Are you testing this with qmicli + mbimcli + ModemManager? And if so,
> > are you running the qmicli/mbimcli commands with the "-p" option in
> > order to always use the intermediate qmi-proxy/mbim-proxy? I'd
> > suggest
> > to always do that to avoid having multiple processes talking to the
> > ports at the same time.
> >

> In first, I'm testing with qmicli/mbimcli commands with the "-p" option
> in order to always use the intermediate qmi-proxy/mbim-proxy that that
> I run in debug mode beforehand.

Ah, nice, that helps to clarify. When using the proxies, there should
be always one single process accessing the ports.

> > > I updated the topic opened on the Sierra Wireless forum, with our
> > > latest progress and as well as additional information.
> > >
> > > In addition, we observed some strange behavior of the EM919x after
> > > warm
> > > reboots.
> > >

> > Is the log after the warm reboots similar to the one I showed in my
> > first email, i.e. with the 2 reported "firmware crashes"? Or does it
> > look totally different?
>
> After warm reboots, we observe no explain message indicating an error,
> but we use an old firmware version.

Ok.

> > And, do you always see the module booting properly on cold boots? Or
> > do you see failed boots like the one i showed in my first email?
>
> The module doesn't always booting properly, you see failed boots like
> the one you showed.

This is good, because it confirms that our fully different platforms
running the same kernel driver show the same symptoms. So it shouldn't
be an issue of the platform, it's likely either the driver or the
module firmware.

--
Aleksander
https://aleksander.es

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Sparc]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]